By John P. Hirth,Ladislas Kubin
New fabrics addressed for the 1st time comprise the chapters on minerals by way of Barber et al and the bankruptcy on dislocations in colloidal crystals via Schall and Spaepen. Moriarty et al expand the 1st ideas calculations of kink configurations in bcc metals to excessive pressures, together with using versatile boundary stipulations to version dilatational results. Rabier et al make clear the problem of glide-shuffle slip platforms in diamond cubic and similar III-V compounds. Metadislocations, mentioned by means of Feuerbacher and Heggen, symbolize a brand new kind of disorder in multicomponent steel compounds and alloys.
- Kink mechanisms for dislocation movement at excessive strain in bcc metals
- Dislocation center constructions pointed out in silicon at excessive stress
- Metadislocations, a brand new form of illness, pointed out and described
- Extension of dislocation ideas to advanced minerals
- First observations of dislocations in colloidal crystals